Wednesday, January 18, 2012

THINGY 2 IS ALIVE!



Back in 2005 or so, there was Thingy, or my first Creative Labs Zen mp3 player, looking as it did like some ingot of steel that had broken off Skylab.

But then, in 2007 (I think?...had to be) I got Thingy 2, which by standards of these microchipped CyberKids of 2Day is also archaic and bulky - but still 30 GBs and I loved it.

About a year ago, the jack attachment/adaptor doodad started to cease functioning - that is, to charge the player, the cord had to be placed in all sorts of gravity-assisted positions just for charging, never minding the bodily contortions needed actually to move files back and forth.

Then, just before Christmas, it seemed that the worst had occurred and the poor dear would no longer charge at all. Thingy 2 was dead.

The Bride, she of the iApps, graciously said I could avail myself of her (4 gb) iPod, which was nice, but I could find no adaptor for that, either. Somewhere under the house, maybe.

I ordered two (2) iPod charger/adaptors from Amazon (them again!) for 1.78 for two. Knockoffs, but the local Mactown wanted, I forget, 19 bucks for a real one. Then I thought, I wonder if they sell a Creative charger.

They did. I think it was five bucks. AND IT MADE THE THINGY 2 COME BACK TO LIFE LIKE E.T. BRINGING THE DEAD FLOWERS BACK (AND E.T. SUCKS COMPARED TO POLTERGEIST!)!!



So, yeah, now I just have to get rid of about 5 gbs of crap from that, put more crap on and I'll be set AND I will keep the iPod to play around with.

And I will talk about it all here in excruciatingly pointless detail!

No comments: