Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Love Language

Stumbled across these guys and gals and they are pretty tough. Kinda like a less baritone-y Magnetic Fields maybe, with the sort of songs one may think have been heard before, but then they go off in different weird directions. From Carrboro, NC or somewhere similar, somewhere where THEY can get Cheerwine (grrr!). Plus: recorded too hot (maybe?); haven't put my finger on it, but there's a weird sort-of muffledness that is somehow oddly endearing. Know nothing about them, but then I don't need to know. I normally hate anything that smacks of some sort of old-timey authenticity (see every post ever for elucidation), but these kids are okay by me.

I also like how the cover looks like some shoe-gazey 4AD wannabe thing from fall 1991.
Top ten of year, so far, says me. Another thing to put on a shrink-wrap:
"Top ten of the year...so far!" - some putz, Putzville.




No comments: