Thursday, February 19, 2009

What QT SHOULD do, sez me

I dunno, that preview of Inglourious [sic] Bastards with Brad Pitt looks pretty crappy, right? Scalping Nazis? Brad Pitt with Hemingway mustache?

I didn't really think Death Proof was all that great. I liked the shaggy dog joke nature of the ending...but the dialogue, for which Tarantino has always been so revered, was listless. Hot chicks driving around looking to buy some pot? Okay. So what?

So now the ten years in the making IB is coming and the lifeless grey preview is the best they can offer. Harvey Weinstein must be biting his nails.

It would be funny, I think, if Tarantino would do his normal rambling verbal acrobatics, only in the 1940's time frame...something like "No, no - I'm telling you, Glenn Miller was queer" or two guys sitting in a fox hole debating whether they would rather have relations with Olivia DeHavilland or Judy Garland. "Man, that scene when DeHavilland comes down the stairs in the nightie after blowing that Yankee c-cksucker's head off had me blasting rocket sauce around my WPA camp bunkhouse like I was Werner Von Braun at Robert Goddard's birthplace."

You know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pel3GE97evA

No comments: