Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Things really ARE rough all over

I thought my life was a cesspool because on Sunday I saw a grown man (a doctor, I think, and if not, a doctor type) in a black ball cap with a We Can't Dance-era Genesis logo on it (and a friend, who saw said sad chapeau from the back, said it indeed had little silhouettes of the three Genesis guys or something) and he was, of course, not rocking this lid in anything close to an ironic tribute-to-Patrick Bateman way. So, ruminating on this, I was sent an email from a correspondent in a "whole nother" part of the country, who said the following had happened to him, in his workplace, a famous hospital/research facility you've heard of:

The Who just came on this crap radio station in the lab and some girl yells
out…


"C.S.I."


So, it may indeed be time, like in the sense of one of those books like How the Irish Saved Civilization, to start gathering a sort of knowledge menagerie that future peoples may find interesting. Curios and stuff from that need to survive this vulgar age (Collected Stories of Ring Lardner, Aladdin Sane, Godfather II, or Clueless maybe).

[and while I'm at it - and pardon me if you are fortunate enough to not know of this sick phenom - but where DO those awful, surely Watterson-vexing "Calvin pissing on ____" stickers COME FROM? More over, how do I get one so I can have Calvin pissing on text that reads "PEOPLE WHO HAVE THOSE AWFUL CALVIN STICKERS"? ]

No comments: