Thursday, May 7, 2009

Avalon over Canada

Foggy morning, so one must listen to Avalon by Roxy Music, right?

But here's the thing:

One time I was on vacation with my parents driving across Ontario. This would have been 1984? Anyway, it's like eight am and the local radio station plays "More Than This" and, as the last strands of melody waft away, this fulsomely mild DJ comes on and says "Oh, that's a nice way to wake up on a Saturday, isn't it?"

The problem now is, no matter what, every time I listen to this song I think of that! I suppose the smart thing would be not to listen to it again.

And my other problem is: did anyone else hear it? I can't get analytics to work, so if anyone in Canada reads this post: did you hear it? It would have been: some Saturday, August, 1984 about 8 am.


SOMEONE HELP ME!


No comments: