Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Crying Tiger

All my life had been leading up to dinner last night (at smallish and excellent storefront Thai place Siam Pad Thai, here in the little town of D_____) when I actually got to say "Hmm...I'll have the Crying Tiger."

This amazing beef salad (actually better-looking than pictured here) was a paradigm crusher. Lime-y, spicy, bird chilis running rampant... and what a fantastic name - it's the traditional name of the dish, from looking on the World Wide Web.

I had already had some soup, so I have about 3/8ths left over for lunch today. Sorry about your luck.

Wanted to put a wiki entry here at the bottom for this, but there isn't one. Maybe it is my fate to write and submit one.
Wiki does say

Did you mean: crying time?

So now I look forward to the day when I am in some other (dark and snowy?) part of the world where I can look up to the sad-eyed waitress and say "Hmm...I'll have the Crying Time."

No comments: