Friday, October 30, 2009

Bad Lieutenant makes me sleefy


That Bernard Sumner-helmed Bad Lieutenant record - I've put my finger on why I think it sucks, by using the technique of only listening to it maybe twice, then just percolating this post:

1. don't let some other asshole sing two tracks

2. speaking of same, the whole thing is so lifeless that, to me, it carries a whiff of obligation, one which I've probably imagined and then extrapolated into a whole "thing." But it's like Barney told ol' Phil Cunningham "Yeah, mate, sorry that you got to join New Order for only one [admittedly underrated] record. Tell you what, we'll do another record...grab a buddy of your from back in Macclesfield and we'll whip this thing out and people will lerv it!"

Um, no. Also, shitty drum sounds and who cares if Alex Blur is on bass? You can't hear him.

No comments: