Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bottega Calabria...


...take me away!


These crazy Italians make something called "Hot Pate," among other stuff - I also have a jar of the hot green pate in the pantry [sick!], made of chicory - and DLM has it. I first got some last year when it was in a remaindered cart for a buck. Oh, boy - it's hot, ground up peppers in oil. Smear it on anything. It also has some ancient Italian undertaste that sort of reminds me of the way our home movie screen smelled when I was a kid. You know?


No matter! Now the shit is 8.99 a jar, and here is where selfishness wins out (take heed, Ayn Rand fans). I budgeted a quantity of this shit into my Xmas spending allotment, because when I used up the last of the $1 jar, I had no memory of what it had been called and had no hope of ever seeing it again!


PLUS, they even have a website, put together by the management's eight grade son (apparently):

No comments: