Monday, December 14, 2009

Which reminds me:


With all the "technology" being put to use to save lives and defend our nation, etc, why isn't someone doing something really important, such as developing this idea I have been kicking around since I was a little kid listening to "The Fool on the Hill" on Christmas afternoon -


I wanna know, when I put a record on like, say, I dunno, Black Sea, or, indeed, Quadrophenia, how many people in the area/county/state/country/world are listening to that record right then, sorted by the proximities listed. So, if I am listening to Lady Gaga "Pokerface" [still have not heard her! I RULE!], I would have some sort of gizmo/counter that would tell me that, in D____, Ohio, 4 other people are listening to that song at that moment. Then, set at state level, 111 people might be. Conversely, if I take out a record like Datapanik in the Year Zero by Pere Ubu, even at a national level, there may only be 3 other people in a nation of 300M listening to that. I want to know that when I play "Rocket Ride" off Kiss Alive 2 there are 16 other people in the whole world also checking it out. And, I suppose, with the crude need for connectedness that people seem to feel, there could be an option to IM these people, in some later versions of this application/device. But why would I want to talk to them? It would start out all "Yes! Someone else is listening to 'Biting My Nails' by Renegade Soundwave!" but, upon chatting, they'd just want to tell me about their divorce or whatever, and I have plenty of people doing that all the time.


So.

No comments: