Monday, December 21, 2009

Stupid Three Question Interview: Kris Charles



Who, you might sensibly ask yourself, would marry someone who goes by the nickname "Skrunt?" What if I told you she turned out to be lovely and witty and all that good stuff? Folks, herewith Three Stupid Questions with Kris Charles, wife of my old college chum Andy:


1. We've never met*, and I'm sure you are suffering from the lack. But has your husband told you about when, when he and I were in an "altered" state, he ate an entire loaf of bread while watching the movie The Doors? How soon in your relationship did he divulge this and, if this is news, how do you feel about it right now?

Are you sure it was The Doors and not Uncle Buck, or Rattle and Hum? This story is news to me. One I had not yet heard, and trust me, I've heard plenty. Regardless, it's but another blip on the list of shame. And, shockingly, all of the stories don't change how crazy I am about him [awww! - ed.]. Strange, isn't it? It's one of those mysteries we are unlikely ever to solve.


2. When you were a little girl and first learned of "the curse," did you wig completely?

By "the curse" - are you referring to Skrunt?


3. If you were drafted into the army and then assigned to learn an exotic foreign language, such as Russian or Japanese, but you just thought that sounded like a royal pain, how would you get out of it?

I actually studied Japanese including an intensive Japanese course at Indiana University's East Asian Language Program. Insert nerd insult here. Sadly, I don't remember much of it. For example, I wish I could remember how to say "That's a dumb question."

What a dear lady! And check Skrunt Jr - not only is he actually named Liam, but he actually looks as if he has "Live Forever" stuck in his head in the picture! Also fave records of the year were Adele 19 and something called Raditude by somebody called Wheezers [?]!


* Kris sez: "...I must tell you that I've actually met you a number of times...I saw you and your band play. Skrunt might remember where." D'oh! This is the second time I've heard this in a week: another new-ish friend told me "Yeah, I met you after one of the Jet Age shows...you were wearing a white vneck teeshirt and Jay Madewell introduced us, but you were so drunk you couldn't talk and just sort of slumped over..." EPIC WIN FOR ROCK!!!

1 comment:

Taking Charge: Creating Conditions for Prosperity said...

Your little use of "quotes" around "altered" is very "Phe-el."