Monday, December 28, 2009

A Christmas Story for the Aged, er, Ages

Mom's in the rehab unit at my folks' old people community place. She's doing better, thanks! But we didn't want to leave Dad alone on Christmas, just randomly walking into corners like a stuck Roomba. So we took him to my in-laws.

Days before, Mom-in-law Joan said "What can I get your dad? He has to open something."

"Oh, man - no, he won't want anything and will insist that he needs nothing..."


But she insisted so I wracked my brain then called Don.


"What's the cereal you like?


"What?"


"WHAT'S THAT CEREAL YOU SAID YOU LIKED? THE OTHER DAY?"


"Let me go look..." [thirty seconds of shuffling/dead air]..."Kellogg's 'Red Berries.'"


So I dutifully reported this to Mom-in-law Joan.


WELL, let me just say that it may as well have been a PONY! One would have thought we made this in the basement, slaving all summer on it! Yay!


Plus it's Special K Red Berries, Don. Understandable how one could miss the K, though. (?)

No comments: