Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Double Life of Nick Eddy

I sometimes wonder if one can be so very blacked-out that whole areas of a life can be unknown to the one who lives it.

"HUH?," you say.


I mean, I've had blackouts. Lots! But I wonder if maybe I also have some somnambulent whole other job and life, etc.

Yesterday, I heard a woman speak of the "assholes" at her call-center job. Among other shortcomings, the management had the following cavil in place:


Three [3] misusages of "it's/its" would result in termination.


My question is: when do I have time to manage some call center, somewhere? I don't even know that/when I'm doing it! I do know that I deserve a sainthood, a gazillion dollars and 144 virgins, or whatever, in recognition of my taking a sensible stand for once in my stupid damn life!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Love that! Too many people let bad English (punctuation, grammar, etc.) go unpunished. To the thumbscrews!