Friday, January 22, 2010

Spring project

Somebody needs to do it, so it may as well be me: a comp called Prince: The Shitty Years. All the best tracks from all the post-Lovesexy LPs. There were some early 90's hits - but there are whole LP's I've never heard. Or worse, have heard. But Emancipation? What? There was one? NEWS or whatever? Rainbow Cloud Peeple's $ellabration 4 Lyfe? Okay, that one's fake.

See, I love a few oddball tracks: "Papa" off Come and "Peach" is okay to drive to. And in the last five years there have been some winners: "Black Sweat" and "Guitar" spring clear of the hanging dross. But that Target-only mess last year...I'm all over the place, I know. But will I really be able to pare this crap down? I only need about 20 tracks.


I'm not sure I can do it.



May u all live 2 see tha comp!

No comments: