Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rise of the Droid

The Bride got a Droid on Saturday, which I guess is a phone? Anyway, it has all the bells and whistles one could ever hope for. But as she was giving it an initial going-over on Saturday evening, (near-) disaster struck! I was eating some Doritos and drinking some Sunkist, as one will. Then I started choking! Wrong pipe, that sort of thing. Asphyxiation was near! I stood up and pounded my chest, hoping against hope that I would once more partake of sweet, sweet oxygen!

Meanwhile:


[tapping sounds as wife sits a-floor, warming to the tiny electric hearth of her new toy, but failing to look up]: (distracted) "Are you...okay?"


Anyway, I lived.


Also, when this thing is done charging, it lets fly with this little Troutman Labs by way of Cylon chirp: "DROID." Which, as an exceedingly light sleeper (I'm asleep as I type this!), is a bit of an irritant.

No comments: