Thursday, January 7, 2010

Landau v. Tynan

Having a glance through Kenneth Tynan's diaries, there are numerous mentions of Martin Landau owing KT $25,000. But WHY? It's never said. Tynan just goes further into debt and gripes that if he could get that 25K back...that just may be my idea for my next never-to-be-made movie*: the conflict between Tynan and Landau over a loan of 25 grand. Done up in uber-serious Frost/Nixon style. Martin Landau is still alive, which I did not know - maybe if he reads this he can clear this shit up?!

Could the conflict have stemmed from Marty aping Ken's unique and patented smoking style of holding the cigarette between middle- and ring finger? I mean, here's a picture of him doing just that (that I made):


* I have many, many ideas for dumb movies, and I will reveal them this year. Patience!

No comments: