Friday, February 12, 2010

Okay, okay

I read two different reviews/articles about the new Don DeLillo book Point Omega where they mention an artist Douglas Gordon and his work 24-Hour Psycho, which is, in toto, showing the Hitchcock movie at such a slow rate that it takes a full twenty-four hours to show the whole thing. Which I love, because it's ingenious while being pointless, as any habitues of this blog will know puts the lead in my pencil. BUT I couldn't tell until I looked this Douglas Gordon up whether he was real or whether he was so Don DeLillo-ish that DeLillo made him up or maybe just maybe one of DeLillo's characters was writing this blog post. ?



Anyway, look him (Gordon) up I did and was I ever glad, because check this:





It's called: Self Portrait as Kurt Cobain, as Andy Warhol, as Myra Hindley, as Marilyn Monroe



!!!

No comments: