Thursday, April 7, 2011

Caring about your neighborhood pays off, once in a million years

We took a walk around the block last night, popped in on neighbors, saw Daisy and Rosemary...very relaxing and grown-up seeming. The particular stretch we stopped on, one street over, has three homes on the neighborhood Home Tour at the end of April, so I thought, as the wimmen folk done talked, I would peruse the alley that runs perpendicular to this block of homes and see just how much effort/manpower/trash bags would be needed to clean it up a smidge. Well, it will be a bit of a pip, but it can be done in an afternoon. But, in some overgrown grass behind a derelict detached garage, I found this, surely the greatest grass find since Jeff Beaumont found the ear: I mean, huh? There must have been some sort of accident with time travel or a particle collider or some shit! Plus the backing is still on it. Very curious! It is now pinned up in my workspace.

No comments: