Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fog lights

I've been asking around, cos it's on my mind, but what is the deal with fog or parking lights? More to the point, why do some people drive around at just-dusk/dawn with just the yellow lights on? Are they trying to evade the fuzz after a couple of MGD's at the VFW? Are they trying to seem menacing or, worse, badass?

Do they think that they are saving juice on the battery (this is the most popular response I've gotten about this when I've queried friends)? If so, send me an email and I will send a dollar toward your next battery, but for Christ's sake, stop BORING ME! Turn your lights on! It's DARK out.

Someone else told me that the 1999 (final) Pavement LP was called Terror Twilight after this phenomenon, there being more accidents at this time of day because of these yellow-light aficionados. I suppose, in theory, that some particular ardent Malkmus stalwarts could possibly then drive this way, in tribute to this album, but, really, other than "Major Leagues" and maybe "Carrot Rope", was that album really good enough to DIE/KILL FOR?

Think!!!

No comments: