Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Glad to be alive today

Americans, for the most part = spoiled brats, right? I mean, yeah, if you want to actually think about it, the current financial mess could be frightening. But what about all the doughboys home from WWI who were all ready to settle down and try to heal their aching lungs scarred with mustard gas, when BLAMMO, here comes an influenza pandemic that kills about 1 in 10 people?

"I'm going to see Aunt Chlorys this week, let her see I survived the wrath of the Huns!"

"Not so fast, Bertram..."

So, see, things are actually good. I mean, chances are, if you look away from this screen for a second (and I wouldn't, because I am constantly doing, uh...things to make language, um, good) and peer outcher windle, I would give you five-to-one odds that no one is being murdered out there or anything. Calm down! Gratitude!

WE LIVE IN AN AGE WHERE WE HAVE TIRAMISU-FLAVORED COFFEE CREAMER.

I'll let that sink in.

No comments: