Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I am a liar


For as long as I can remember I told everyone within earshot that when and if I ever bought a house, I would put a drinking fountain in the front room.


Think of it! You're out cutting the grass, or watering, or making cats scatter (thirsty work!), and you could just walk into the front room of the place and mosey right on over to ice-cold, glass-free H2O! What could be better?


My sainted ex-wife heard about this crap all the time...so I had to be talking about it a decade ago. Before that? It definitely has a late 90's feel...so, yes, let's say the idea hatched in 1998. Maybe on the very day that The Boy With The Arab Strap dropped.


Anyway, I now own a house and I have not done shit about getting the drinking fountain in. Which is even more dumb, because Cory can get me an Oasis standup drinking fountain at cost. And when we someday have a pack of mewling, puking brats? Just hold their silly asses up to the fountain (or! tiny step ladder!) and they can drink to their hearts' content. No grubby kid hands on the glassware, either. Ungrateful little bastards! Where was I?


Oh, yes. I think this is an idea whose time has come.


2 comments:

glass said...

I've always thought a urinal in the bathroom would be handy.

Nick said...

Business plan! Write it!