Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"What Love Can Be"


I've been trying all week (is it only Tuesday? Christ!) to collect my thoughts about "What Love Can Be?" by Kingdom Come. A listicle, alas:


1. It so makes me think of driving in Mike's Fiero in 1988. "Hey,
can we stop and you buy me some Miller Genuine Draft?"



2. Read somewhere, maybe GQ, that S Malkmus and art-bride had this
as their wedding song, which is audacious, though not as funny and cute as the
Bride and I having "Help the Aged" by Pulp for our first dance. Sorry,
"S.M."!



3. While vocal wizard Lenny Wolf does indeed sound uncannily like Bob
Plant, little has been made of his amazing recreation of John Paul Jones's Houses... era hairdo! That is, until now.



4. Had no idea this was a single, and am right cheesed that a good forty
seconds of over-processed faux-Page has been excised for the sake of the video.
This is, of course, BULLSHIT!



Be sure to check the bass player, well into it at 1:32 or so!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgqmsZqez7s


5. I think you should go somewhere to DL this song, then put it on your
playlist when you are out tonight watching the Perseid meteor shower!



Okay, bye!

No comments: