Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hill Cows



This post is an introduction of sorts to the next post. I was shocked to find I had not covered this.


The Bride likes to pick on my driving, though I have not had an accident since 1985. As recently as 2006, she flipped and totalled a car and was uninjured but nearly decapitated. Yet, since I am a fairly light-hearted guy, MY driving is bad, somehow.


In April, we were driving to Yellow Springs for dinner and it was just getting to dusk. A friend had told me (erroneously) that the main drag out there was full of construction, so we took back roads. Turning around a low bend and back up into higher terrain, I espied some cows on a hill, taking a break. I then uttered the fateful words:



"Look! Hill cows."



This was more than the Bride could take, and now "hill cows" is shorthand for any of my driving shortcomings, such as looking in shop windows while behind the wheel.

No comments: