Thursday, June 2, 2011

Style Wars

Saw graffiti doc Style Wars (1982) for the first time last night, and am glad I didn't see it when I was 13, cause I surely woulda ditched ABC Lexicon of Love for Grandmaster Flash and God knows where we would all be now. Movie was amazing, just the sickest...the fact that the early white dudes doing "writing" look for the most part like they should be waiting for a free Billy Squier show adds to the mystique, somehow. I told Kyle he should paint the abandoned hovel next to us entirely and then I would "cap" his work.

Still, am bummed at the Imminent Death of America, apparently, because dearth of ambition is totes evinced by the fact no one on Zazzle or Cafe Press has remade this shirt (modeled here by Revolt), which I should be wearing RIGHT NOW:







If ONLY I already had the connections in the shirt business!

No comments: