Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bow, mortal

Hadn't mentioned Johnny Marr in "a" hour, so I must. Deal:









This is the Martin [some model with a plane-sounding number; we'll call it the DC2] on which Johnny Marr played the zingy little solo for "Getting Away With It."













Also, Mr Marr says:



You'd have to put a gun to my head to get me to have a drink now. I'm just
not into alcohol as a drug. The reason I don't drink is that the drinking
lifestyle robs me of my musical intensity and sharpness. I live a super-healthy
lifestyle not because I'm sensible and contrite, but because I need to keep my
focus on the music I'm making. To do that, I need to be wide awake.




Hmm, very interesting. How this squares with "joining" the shit Modest Mouse is beyond me, but, still, good for him. Curious how he espouses all this sober talk while the Mahatma of Mope now imbibes and becomes more and more Last Days of Brando which each passing second. I hope he does the sensible thing and writes some song's for Liam's inevitable crappy solo career.

1 comment:

Rob said...

It's a D-28. Very classic model.