Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thyme, thyme, thyme/see what's become of me...*


And when did thyme supplant (heh) all comers as my favorite herb? I've been putting it on tomatoes, making tomato sauce with it...it's amazing! It's also so good-smelling, rubbing some between your fingers, the aroma released has a weight to it, like history or something. No, it makes one feel like Mike Corleone walking around Sicily, maybe...


Maybe I'm just trash because we didn't use it much/at all when I was growing up? Definitely not fresh, anyway...maybe from the Spice Islands rack ca. 1986 on the edge of a beef roast, but even then the bottle of dried leaves was prob'ly purchased in 1974. And no one in my family would have the same day bought a copy of Diamond Dogs, either.


I'm TRASH! Argh!
* c and p 1967 Col-gems or whoever...

No comments: