Friday, September 25, 2009

Must move!


The Bride and I are thinking about houses...I'm pretty old to be considering my first house, but Cheever was fifty, so...

Driving around the neighborhood called South Park the other night, which has some quite nice old houses (I mean, like, built in 1915) and some crackheads. Adventure!

What really got my atrophied heart pumping, though, was the fact that...you know in Star Wars Phantom Menace when Samuel Jackson is talking to someone in their Space Office about some important matter (maybe I misremember all this, but bear with me) and super-mega CGI was brand new, so Lucas can't help himself so the view out of the space picture-window is filled with every possible flying ship and loose gewgaw "beyond imagining," so as to convey a sense of "traffic" at this busy cosmic Port Authority? Well, DO YOU?

This neighborhood was like that - but with CATS. There are cats on the sidewalk...cats in trees...cats passing one another like Cunard liners going back and forth across the side streets.

Whether I am murdered for 11 dollars in my wallet or not - WHO CARES? I could walk right outside of my proposed homestead and coat myself in feral four-leggers!

Also, have started the naming process: "Have you seen Thistle?"

or

"I saw Clark throw up by the [closed] Rite Aid..."

No comments: