Thursday, September 10, 2009

Want to go crazy?


Go read the Artists' Lists of best music of the decade on Pitchfork. I'll wait.


No, on second thought, forget it.


Other than a couple of people liking the Clientele (solid!) and some praise for the first Strokes record (er, sane), such a pile of dross I have not encountered in ages. And "rock" people giving a shit about "Hollaback Girl" or other top 40 shit is beyond annoying. And the takes on the assignment: some mumble a paragraph, others talk about their fave video games, for chrissakes.

Thank fuck I'm old.


Then again, I remember Spin and the like hating Jellyfish but praising, I dunno, Paw or whomever. So, again, I must sit around for fifteen years to be vindicated about all my learned opinions.


I'll be 55!


Oh, just for grins, here are records I liked in the last ten years:


1. Clientele (!) - God Save the Clientele

2. Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of the Understatement

3. New Order - Waiting for the Siren's Call

4. Noisettes - whatever the new one is, too lazy to look...[Wild Young Hearts]

5. Art Brut - first one...

6. first solo Malkmus, maybe...

7. Muse - Absolution

8. one of the Mew albums...

9. Nada Surf - Let Go

10. I dunno, the Tears album?/some Belle and Sebastian?/Nina Sordenstam?/Elephant Jokes?


I will say this has been the best records year of the decade. It's the new 1989!

No comments: