Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Why I can't be a teacher

1. No degree!



2. Because I know that if I had the students write papers on whatever topic, whether I taught English or not, I would fail them all for typos and bad grammatical construction. Then I would have to put up with crappy arguments from spoiled idjits about how spelling and such shouldn't matter, if they had the facts right. Then I would have to stick to my guns and talk it over with the school board who would have adopted a wink-wink/nudge-nudge policy that, in classes that aren't specifically about spelling and grammar, there should be leniency. But I could never fold under that kind of nonsense, so it's likely for the best that I stay where I am, and rant in this blog about whatever, even though I make typos and such more often than I care to admit (see entry on Confederacy of Dunces where the homophone hear/here bites me in the ass, as homophones often do at the speed at which I type this thing...).

But, anyway, this is why I'm not a teacher.

No comments: