Thursday, July 22, 2010

Is there time?


I used to hear people say "Oh, there isn't time in the day for all of the things I have to do!" which grated, because all I did was lay around hungover, waiting for dark.


Now, I am one of those chirpy twits with trop du faire [if that's the proper French; trying to say "too much to do"].


For instance, tomorrow I am taking the 1990 Volvo 240 in for about five fixes. I like to wait, get the most for my time and spend the most cash possible! Then cut grass. Then weedeat. Then do the wash and put it away. Then make up a crushing pop song*. Lunch with Bridey. Clean catboxes.


ECK cetera.


So, do I really have time to download/find in my archives all the Divine Comedy tracks I think I need to make a best-of? Especially when I know, that once perfect running order is achieved and the folder is safely ensconced on Terry TerabyteDrive, I will likely never, ever play it again?


I mean, the new album is really good...songs like they used to make. Like Cole Porter. Only with astringent lyrics about the 2008 financial meltdown. It's good, but life just may be too short to listen to it very much. SO, instead, I can do my patented flawless job of taking the best tracks, as ascertained by me over two listens, and juxtapose them with tracks from his, what?, seven other records and then entomb this comp away forever. Did I say this already?


I guess I'm wondering whether you trust me, is all.




* I think I will make up "The Pullout" tomorrow. Tonight is "A Couple of Hundred Knives."

No comments: