Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Urban Sustainable Gardening With Dipshits"

Hi! Welcome to our garden. I'm Nick, your host! Did you notice how my hair is receding in the same pattern as Nabokov at my age? No? Well, it is! Let me show you around!
















Where are we? We have our mild-ass little farm at the corner of Burns and Nathan! Careful! Don't step on the severed head!
















Earlier this year, we paid a deposit and got a key to the hydrant. The second time we used it, it could not be turned off and we had to walk over and have the friendly firemen come help, and they couldn't do anything about it, either! It was like a shitty kids' book! But, as of this last Monday, we have it all good to go again, and can water the crops and fill barrels without having to drag the hoses 300 feet from a friend's house. And next year we will have a sluice/aqueduct system that will drive the ghosts of ancient Romans out of their lead-addled minds!

















Come! Feel our exotic lettuces!

















Tiny tomatoes grow like weeds on our paradisiacal patch o' dirt!
















We very much appreciate how much you want - nay, NEED - more wide shots of the whole inaugural operation! You're welcome!































Well, that's it for now! We hope you've enjoyed your day at the farm. Here's me on the back cover of my autobiography Speak, Mammary:

















[music up, shitty Kenny G-style "lite jazz" to fade]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving me the barrel, by the way. But I never could find the garden's fb page. What is it again?
~Heather

M Ross said...

Wow, we checked this out a couple weeks ago and marveled at how much work you've done...Not knowing it was YOUR garden. I particularly enjoyed the cabbage.