Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yes, I know that is a 1975 Topps card

Of course I know that! I'm everyone's go-to guy for identifying what year a Topps card is from, by sight, from 1951 to about 1980.

It's just that when I thought of Jim Kaat, this was what I pictured.

Like, how when one pictures Mike Hegan, this is what springs to mind:






















Also, the following card was somehow nearly impossible to get in our region, so much so that next-door Mark traded Guernsey a whole box of football cards (it was October, or so) for one, to complete a set. Actually, no, I think I had the card; Guernsey (last name, everyone just called him that - also the first person I knew who was shunned for "drugs" - ha!) wanted it and next-door Mark wanted it, and mark offered me a ton of his baseball card doubles for it (like, 300 cards) and Guernsey had a stack of about 80 football cards, and I took the football cards, because it was the season (this was a few years before I'd even read "In Football Season") and I thought my mom would yell at me for bringing in yet more baseball cards, out of season.

SO, up yours, MOM!


Oh! The aforementioned card!:



So that is all, baseball card-wise!