Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hey! More shit Radiohead!

Like you, I was shocked - shocked! - to find out that new Radiohead single "Lotus Flower" was a snarling guitar beast, cut from the same cloth as The Bends album track "Bones"!

Wait - it's not? It's more ambient swooshing with yet more Thom sounding like he's dreaming of being unable to reach his athsma inhaler that's fallen down a grate [on one listen]? AWESOME!

Why do people care about these guys? It's sad.

I will give Mr Yorke points for bringing back tightly cuffed jeans...:













..thus emulating the greatest rock CD liner book notes inner sleeve pic EVER:




3 comments:

glass said...

"Why do people care about these guys? It's sad."

We differ here.
I don't think it's sad to care about these guys.
Or any guys for that matter.

We need more caring in the world!
Less ambivalence!

Mind you, criticism is still founded and welcome.
This is also a form of caring.

Nick said...

I'm WAY pro-caring. This is my same rant from forever, wherein I gripe that Radiohead went too far out without making one last "song" album. Gripes of an old.

But caring? Hell yes! Show me a kitten and I'm a goddam puddle of tears, Chris!

glass said...

I'm going to write Thom and tell him he needs to write a song about Kittehs