Friday, February 4, 2011

Mantrap!


So, after Lexicon... was out and Martin and co. were big starz, someone had the idea to make a Hard Day's Night-ish movie with Julian Temple...the plot, as I remember, had a guy on the other side of the Berlin Wall (sigh!) being made over to look just like Martin, then he kills Martin when the boys are on some sort of goodwill tour of the Eastern Bloc and takes his place. I think.


This was actually shown on MTV back in 1983, just like it was a real thing! Take that, Pauly M (or whoever is on Jersey Shore)!


Now, with the power of the INTERNET, someone who's as much a nerd as me has posted the whole thing on something called "youtube." I need to find time to watch it, away from the derision of my wee Bride, who was two or three back then and finds the 80's galling, en generale. No matter! That it's out there is the thing! Plus I'm very busy and recording a record and stuff, so scarcely have had time to even read that Stuart Murdoch book.

1 comment:

Darren Callahan said...

I just watched Mantrap w/ the kids tonight and their only comment was, "Holy Jesus that was boring, Dad." Personally, I was very amused. By everything. Though it's not "Undercover of the Night" (20 min. version.)