Monday, February 14, 2011

Two Grammy thoughts


1. I don't care about Lady Gaga, although Chooch sent me some song of hers that was very good, once. Lemme look..."Speechless," that was it. Anyway, don't care about all her faux-crazy schtick, and yet...I think the arriving in an egg thing might be the best surrealist stunt since Duchamp. So there.


2. I really don't care about the Arcade Fire AT ALL; in fact, they blow. But the idiots who've never heard of them and are then shocked that Counting Crows aren't still around (or whatever divorced-mom/SUV dreck they care about) and think that their own innate ignorance is reality? THEY can fuck right off. Also: the Clientele should have won!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing pays off like restraint of tongue and pen.

Mary said...

I was hoping Gaga's stunt would go all Derek Smalls! (blow, torch, etc.)

Also, I saw a friend of mine, who never before cared, going all "Who has an extra ticket to the Chicago Arcade Fire shows" on Facebook. Ugh.