Tuesday, April 27, 2010

90's me, I could just HUG you!

Dear me of the 90's,



Hey, things are fine (that fall '93 ski sweater is still in great shape!), just a quick note to say that at whatever point you decided that Jon Spencer Blues Explosion utterly sucked, well, you were entirely right! He's got a new best-of out, now, in 2010 (I don't know why, either!), and I dutifully listened to it to see if maybe, just maybe, you had been wrong about this group...stupid of me, I know. Well, needless to say, you were correct (as ever)! It's awful! Even the guitar tones are so meh (ask me later about this word) and raunchless. Mea culpa for ever doubting you!



All this guy did was invent Johnny Knoxville and generally be a Shitty Dexter Romweber! OH! That reminds me - go over to Renaissance (it's closed now! I know!) and nose around for a copy of the Athens GA Inside/Out soundtrack and store it someplace. It's hard to come by, even in the future formats that I couldn't explain to your nineties Party of Five mind. Then when I get home tonight I will have it or go dig it up wherever you bury it!



PM me.

No comments: