Thursday, April 1, 2010

Nick's Picks 4/1/2010

Googled to see if anyone else had written that that Penguin Prison guy sounded just like Phil Oakey; no one had, so I am the first. If you don't know what I'm talking about, more power to you...I still want to keep the "k" in Knopf silent, although I've know differently for at least 10 years...hey, Beardy McNextcube - don't EVER ask me about Mark Knopfler (silent K, here) again...also: why is there blues music?...just learned about amortizing yesterday - what a racket!...Robert Fripp is a dick, right, but the two minutes of mayhem on "Baby's on Fire" - career!...my ex sister-in-law used to say "I love the sun!," which rankled, but it turns out she was right...saw my lovely primary care doc driving a gorgeous Mercedes yesterday - gonna call her to tell her to double her rates to ensure this sort of thing continues...James M Cain = badass...that Flash Forward show sounds good, but it's on TV
:(...got a Neiman Marcus cookbook (2003) at the thrift - all sorts of good shit...my brother was trying to tell me that there is some April Fool's Day French schoolkid tradition involving putting a fish on someone's back, but I don't remember this, though we attended the same junior high school...What? No ED-209?...

No comments: