Thursday, April 1, 2010

Still have all my fingers

Oh, and the community garden! Sweet!

I dropped off some skids last night in the to-be-gardened field, the site of some demolished low-income housing. Pulled up in the truck, put the hazards on and chucked them out in a pile...while I was doing this, a neighborhood lady smoker walked by shaking her head, because I must have looked like some guy who just chose to pull up and throw some skids in a vacant lot. As one does.

Commenced sawing our vintage-ass boards to scale (beds will be 12' x 4'). Had never even touched a circular saw, but plunged right in! Cats enjoyed the sawdust smell as well!

Feel free to show this set-up to handy friend and have them whistle in disbelief: "Whew - he's lucky to be alive!":
















My handy borrowed-from-work weapon of choice. As dusk loomed I could feel her getting thirsty for my blood, even!:


















Our friend Richard came with a proper carpenter's square and set me on the path to doing it right, although I had not even utterly fucked up anything beyond redemption!:




















The Bride came home and added some class to
the proceedings!:














Friday night we will screw all the boards together in anticipation of Saturday's mulch/compost/manure bedfilling day! (and, after that last sentence, if you found this post when googling some weird fetish thing, sorry! And join as a follower!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say I still had all my fingers.