Friday, April 9, 2010

Open memo to today's Okies


Firstly, how does one lose a SHOE in the street or on the highway? I see this all the time: just, like, one Air Jordan laying in the middle of a highly trafficked road. Do people not notice that when they are flicking their Vantage butt out on the roadway that they are, indeed, also letting a shoe fly out? Or what?


But THAT is just a teaser for my real point: if you are moving and have all your crap strung to the top of the Buick, TIE IT DOWN. This time of year, in particular, I see a clump in the middle distance of a thoroughfare and feel my heart sink to the basement, guessing as I get closer that I will soon be staring directly into a little feline face that was struck inanimate by a car tire. As I get there, however, I see it's just a shirt or some shitty denim jacket with Yosemite Sam stitched on it. For god's sake - pack shit up tighter. So much of one's energy is wasted on these false alarms.

No comments: