Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Business idea of the century II


One of the nice things about having a blog is that I can ramble on about pointless crap in text, as opposed to the normal verbal way. Once in a while, such as now, inspiration wields its blackjack and I can then transpose useless thoughts I've had for most of my life from just "thoughts" to a handy readable form.


To wit: my bar Center Quart.


I can't even remember when I started rambling about this...1991? 1993? ANYway, the time is now, lucky reader, for YOU to learn of it!

This is a bar where you can only order quarts of beer in bottles. Not even 40's. Then, when you order, the quart bottle is zipped into a velcro sleeve. The walls, the tables, everything in the place is then upholstered with the opposing velcro material, thus freeing you from having to hold the bottle, allowing one to gesticulate wildly, make out, light cigarettes (illegally, now)...

The genius bit is that, in the fashion of a bar in my olde college towne that had a primitive BW3 in the back, there is a franchise stand at the rear of the place...but one that ONLY sells the little "extra crispies" bits from Long John Silver's fish restaurants. Day and night the staff therein blasts out cubic yards of fried bits that then get all stainy on the velcro walls and stuck in the nap of the bottle sleeves!
JOIN US!!!

No comments: