Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Covers

I like this new LTZ cover, to tie in with Imperial Bedrooms, though the kid's hair a bit too Pattinson and not Spandau Ballet enough...still, I have to laugh at the kids today who will read this at 15 (surely there will be some? surely? begging now...), and who will say "Wow! Mom's era WAS cool!" before going to dye their hair "anthracite."



















And this Chip Kidd-ariffic (prolly) Updike tome had me all ready to order until a.)I saw it was sixty-four pages long even with newly-written-afore-demise intro and afterward materials, b.) I remembered I have this piece in several volumes already, so can pride myself on my abstemiousness, then go buy some fancy $11 jar of hot sauce from Spain or something, and c.) I'm sure I will find a copy at 10-dollar-a-bag Sunday at the PP Book Fair in 2017. It can wait!






Still, it's a nice answer to the fifteen month old question "What will be the first JU re-package up out the box?"


No comments: