Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Feeling very uncertain about things

This news that Michael Jackson was murdered* comes across, then this:









Yes, someone is making a line of crap named after Holden Caulfield, and the sick fact is I sort of need this thing (jersey?) pictured! Sort of! It's JERESY! Wear it to confuse the proles, as with my 1989 New Order rainbow US flag shirt! Except, when and if I ever meet some real people in this, they will guffaw and tut and call me a dick/sartorial scofflaw!

Then it turns out this avatar picture which I see on a fave band of mine's discussion board all the time






is not some random Bruce Weber shot from 1994 at all, but rather a shot of Country Joe from Country Joe and the Fish, taken at the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival! This rankles because the Bride and I have an acquaintance who sort of sucks and is given to wearing workin' [sic] man overalls whom we refer to as "Country Joe." But if Country Joe was actually a bit of posh tottie, isn't everything upside down? Does this loser we know need a new nickname? Shit!
Anyway.
[hat tip on Caulfield thing: Wynn]




* as my brother says "Follow the money." Or, as Glenn McDonald says "Who profits from your fears?"

No comments: