Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pig

Oh, god, the pig cookout.

I should have pictures soon-ish to better describe the maelstrom than I can in mere words.

In the meantime: up for about 24 hours straight, met a stray husky/german shepard named Thom who joined our band of ever-less-merry men and enthustiacally scarfed down any and all proffered bratwurst, watched Empire Strikes Back for the first time since the eighties (and intend to bring back the pejorative "laser brain" to current usage, a la redux), said "cop light!" about two hundred times, then, when all was said and done, was so sick of being near the pig that I didn't even stay to eat any of it.

All that said, quite a fun time. How I used to stay up for whole weekends on a diet of shitty red wine/Coronas and Camel Wides in beyond me.

But I have even greater sympathies now for our veterans, because, in many ways, I am still with the pig.

No comments: