Thursday, August 20, 2009

A luddite recommends:


You know all these gizmos like Blackberries and iPhones? Forget them, because what's totes hot is the PENCIL!


I make lists compulsively, so am constantly scratching out stuff to do that's been done/adding new stuff to do, or making a change in my mega-strict self-budgeting and my sheets of 8.5x11 end up looking like the chicken-scratchy ramblings of a madman. The other day there were three nicely sharpened #2 pencils on the dining room table that the Bride had for some reason, so I made off with one and there is no going back! When you make a mistake or wish to change something you've written, you can erase it. It's NUTS!


I wonder - do "they" still make those erasable ballpoints? I remember when those were the shit-hot new thing, and I remember the ink's ginger ale-like smell. But they may be gone?


Anyway, PENCILS! Whether you get them at the store or order some $15-for-three set from Jack Spade (with "witty" engraving on the side such as 'INFALLABLE', probs), they are HOT!

No comments: