Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Nervous


See, I liked Elliott Smith quite a bit through X/O, but I hated Figure 8, because it had no songs on it. But it was one of those cases where a new release by someone tainted my entire opinion (at the time, anyway - I since nod appreciatively when I hear one of his songs) of all that came before: "Hmmf - maybe he wasn't any great shakes after all!"


Now I stand at a similar precipice - I love the new Noisettes record more than I can say. So I dutifully acquired their previous album (at left), as I must in my Weird Completists' Union way (I can show you my card). Now it sits, waiting to be played and I'm scared to death I won't like it and that it will besmirch my boundary-breaking all-pure love for the LP that I'm obsessed about. Or it could be great?


So, as I say, NERVOUS. Hope to have this cleared up by the end of the day. If you happen past a church, stop in and say a prayer for your humble blogger. This could be the toughest day of my life.

No comments: