Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A sad truth


I'm OLD! Yes. We knew that.


But the need to sleep at night, plus work, plus any other adult responsibilities that cross the threshold of my day have added up to the sad realization that I am scarcely reading an entire book a week.


I need some mono or some other lightly debilitating illness so I can get through the stacks. And I have been paring down, really! I have probably forty pieces of crap in the car to give to the Free Book Guy truck when he's around. Half of my tomes are entombed in the Bride's Mother's basement, so I sneak down there when we visit and chip away at the boxes, looking for stuff to slough off. Then I fish out, I dunno, Floating Dragon and bring it home. And yet I have bought ten books this week at various Goodwills, because who knows when I will want to read a book about the Moors Murders written by Moz icon Emlyn Williams or a copy of The Stand in the same edition I had in 7th grade? IT COULD HAPPEN, so shut up, you!


Anyway.

No comments: