Friday, August 7, 2009

YOUR Brit celebs

I hate to admit it, but I've become one of those self-important assholes who doesn't watch TV. None. Our TV doesn't even work, with the digital switch. We had about eleven chances to get an adaptor thing, and didn't. And if we got cable, all bets would be off, because we wouldn't move, just grow ever more sedentary (hard to imagine me moreso, but there it is) and just die lying there in front of some Tim Gunn marathon. HOWever, I am much more relaxed not seeing TV. A friend was bemoaning all the Michael Jackson coverage and I could be honest and say it had simply not been on my radar at all, after the initial flush of internet excitement. So it has its advantages.

I've also never watched an episode of American Idol, ever. It's sick-making, its very existance. But what will I do when POSH is on there? That will be difficult. One of the highlights of 2007 was the incredible Posh and Becks Come to North America from Old Blighty, Land of the Redcoats Superganza (I think that was the name) special that NBC ran. The most banal trash, like, ever! Koons wept! Plus that was the week we got Picci, so I fashioned her a little tiara out of tin foil to watch the arrival of the New Royalty!


So I may have to watch that.

Also: Robbie Williams has a new LP coming out produced by Trevor (ABC, FGTH, B&S, TaTu) Horn! That should be nice and squelchy. Plus, the single is called "Bodies" which I pray to my desert gods is a Sex Pistols cover!


No comments: