Friday, August 28, 2009

Nick's Picks

I like when our vet Dr Thorn calls the cats "kids", as in "this kid..." [gestures]...I'm happy for Tarantino that Inglourious Basterds was so well-received and I'd love to see it, except it's not playing in our apartment...it always bugged me when Select magazine raved early on about Oasis talking about their 'perfect three-minutes pop singles' when all of their songs were four and a half minutes at the shortest...try some fresh lemon juice on your tomatoes with some salt...do you remember paying for records? It really happened!...Has no one told Don DeLillo that his name is an anagram of llone dildo?...Speaking, temporarily halting a re-read of Underworld for a tear through Floating Dragon, a book that always conjures that late-summer Sunday in 1982 feeling for me, and, likely for you...if I get the Les Paul/Chet Atkins album Lester and Chester, would I ever actually listen to it?...scallops with corn sauce tomorrow night, chez Gabe...I always thought Erik Skodis was the bass player for Imperial Drag; turns out he was the drummer...baby, that's not Lake Minnetonka.

No comments: