Friday, June 11, 2010

Reports of "pretty grunge" comebacks notwithstanding


The ONLY nice thing about the grunge era (well, besides In Utero) is that scene in Singles where Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell (maybe?) are putting up flyers and they have a stapler that's like a hammer. They just hold the sheet up to the corkboard or what have you and wham! wham! wham!, the flyer is affixed! Rarely does a quarter-hour pass without my wishing in vein for one of those STAPLERS!

I am writing a pile of "hits" at the moment, but will there really be any point to any of it if I can't find one of these?

I KNOW that all show announcement fanfare takes place on via electric computer now.

Still, place links to one of these in comments, please!

1 comment:

Mary said...

My band had one of these! It's called a "Hammer Tacker" and I actually was able to Google one: http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=2014413

(This is what happens when I'm jobless. Endless, useless research!)