Friday, June 11, 2010

Stop saving change for me and...well, no, keep saving change, but also


Hey! You love reading my lame-ass ramblings, right? It's the only thing that keeps you going, that gives you hope...sure, you may not yet have joined as a follower (grrr) but, at the end of the day, the idea that I am here, ever here, putting my smarmy Salingerian-but-shitty spin on things is one of the few universal truths we have left. Right?


SO, somebody set up a savings account via paypal or whatever and everyone forestall the kids' orthidonture and having that second heart valve replaced, so you can all get together and express your collective everasting gratitude by buying me John Updike's typewriter, which will be on sale at Christie's next week or month or something.


Sure, my wife will throw it in the street after that whole "fur" incident, but for the hour that I have it in my possession before that happens, your collected farthings will at last do some good. Maybe I can even type lyrics to the songs "The Collected Works," "Stoner" and "Spanish Shawl" on them then tape them into those little Field Notes books from J Crew!


DO IT! Get off your asses!

No comments: