Thursday, June 10, 2010

Terrible night's sleep


Okay, so I stayed up late-ish playing electric guitar. I made up a hit! I think it will be called "The Complete Works." I will try to make another hit tonight.
I'm sleeping along, just chugging, when, around 4 am, old Biscuit geysers forth her near-daily throw-up. Argh! Right in the doorway. So, as not to disturb the sleeps-like-a-corpse bride, I got up and paper towelled up said partially digested vittles. No one wants to wake up and walk in cooling cat-sick. I mean, I'm sure some do, it's probably a scene, but not for us, thanks.
So, now, I'm awake. The tiny barfing noises had me sitting bolt upright - I'm the most skittish sleeper in your life, bar none. So I'm awake. Dum di dum. Think about reading, but that needs light. Do I remember the amazing rock song of five hours ago? No. I have that goddam "Fool's Day" by Blur going in my head at meow-doh! volume. Sigh. So I get up and go play said guitar (amp off) in hopes it will come back to me. I have the chords but the melody is nowhere in the enormo-dome that is my misshapen head. Frig! But the chords I still know, so maybe the melody will come back tomorrow, i think hopefully. I'm sitting in the library bedroom dealie and from outside (it's 10 after 4) I can hear kids.
Not just teenagers calling each other out, I mean 11 - 12 year old kids by the sound of it. One girl keeps saying (they're one street over or maybe in the alley behind our lush hovel) "No, I swear to God. I swear to God." And other kids are all chirping like magpies. So now I have to worry about them. Where are the parents? Turning tricks? Passed out in front of the Xbox? Maybe these are some sort of night-trudging zombie vampire kids, only ones who use the phrase "might could?"
At dawn, of course, I popped up and went to the Guitar Area (Guitarea? No.) and promptly remembered everything. Now I just need a proper combo and can record it and retire.
?

No comments: